1. Impressions of your online distribution
Participants do not perform on real stage, but record their performances at home and aggregate and edit them, but by sharing one completed video, it is possible to co-star on stage we think we succeed to share one different sense of accomplishment. The artists who participated in this project are not only in the Kanto area centered on Tokyo, but also based in Hokkaido, Nagoya, Osaka, Hyogo, Ishikawa, Kochi, Fukuoka and various parts of Japan, and they are doing various activities. It was impossible for such a number of people to get together at a live event, and We were able to experience a new form of music transmission with this online distribution.
We feel that we were able to convey the charm of bellows instruments such as accordion, bandoneon, and concertina from the viewer’s SNS comments. we would like to find an effective way to use the distribution at future live events.
2. What did you struggle with and devise in preparing for online distribution?
In particular, we had a hard time editing. The video processing time on the PC took longer than we expected, and the schedule was delayed from the originally scheduled distribution.
While trying to edit the video to maximize the artistry of the song, the video composition was devised so that each artist’s individuality could be impressed within a fixed music length.
As a result of experiencing this distribution, we realized that when recording at home, the sound quality and image quality will differ depending on the equipment and environment. During the editing process, we spent a lot of time and effort to keep the sound and image quality at a certain level. As a future issue of music transmission, we would like to verify the ways to further improve the quality of sound and image.
3. Utilization and Development of Online Live Streaming for Forthcoming Activities
Due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection（COVID-19）, it became impossible to perform concert activities at all, so we worked on online distribution as one of the breakthrough measures to not stop the art activity. Taking advantage of the online characteristic of not limiting the place and time of the viewer, we will utilize it as a place to attract a wide target audience and use it as a place of encounter and discovery so that it can be reflected in live activities at the same time, we would like to reaffirm the value as a place for new expression activities and reflect it as a more specific activity tool.
- Date: 5 June 2020
- Contents: “Bellows Lovers Night” is a festival of bellows musical instruments such as accordion and bandoneon produced by coba. Artists who have been performing at this music festival, which has been held since 2002, gathered remotely at the call of coba. A remote session video was sent by 48 participants.
- Promotion tool: Facebook of coba (his account and his official page). Bellows Lovers Night, coba Official website, and Twitter
- Distribution tool: YouTube
- Number of the audience: 7508 plays (as of 15 June)